Unavailable font

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Apr 28 10:57:15 PDT 2006

It occurs to me that if Christine is getting the unavailable fonts
message only when she's attempting to create a PDF, the
font problem may not be in the text of the document because
if it were she'd be getting the unavailable fonts message when
she *opens* the file.  My guess is that the offending font might
be in a graphic rather than anywhere in any of FrameMaker's
content or stored formats.

Another possibility might relate to the use of "Save As PDF".
The Times font might be available on her default printer but
not on the Adobe PDF printer. When you use Save As PDF,
FrameMaker 7.x invisibly changes the printer from the default
printer to the Adobe PDF printer driver, and most of the usual
warnings you get when switching printers are suppressed. It
might be useful to try saving the document to a PostScript
file (using the Adobe PDF driver, of course) and then distilling
it to PDF.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ