FM won't create a second page

Harro de Jong hdjong at triview.nl
Fri Aug 4 05:44:03 PDT 2006

mathieu jacquet wrote :

> Dear all,
>
> the second time it happens to me.
>
> First : I was writing text on my first page and when I reached the
> bottom of it, FM did not create a second page to write on but allowed
> me to write on and on underneath the footer.
>
> Second : I inserted an anchored frame in the lowest cell of a table
> (bottom of the page) and the same thing happened - the anchored frame
> inserted well, but half of it (the lowest part) was invisible, below
> the footer once again.
>
> Any idea on how to fix that?
>
> First time I "added an unlinked page" (I don't really know how it's
> called in the English version, it is "Ajouter des pages non
> connectées" in French) but it does not satisfy me.

Try this:
Go to the master pages.
If you select the text frame on the master page, and view its properties (Graphics->Object properties), you'll see a section in the bottom right of the properties dialog. In English this section is named 'Flow'.
Normally, the main text frame should be part of a text flow, with a flow tag (usually 'A', see the 'Tag' text box).
Below the 'Tag' box there is a check box marked 'Autoconnect'. This should be on. When it's on, Frame will automatically create new pages when you reach the end of a page.

Harro de Jong