A long time starting FrameMaker

Spreadbury, David david.spreadbury at tellabs.com
Fri Aug 4 11:48:50 PDT 2006

I have seen this when my font folder was bulging at the seams (Corel is
great for this if you installed all the fonts).

Frame is looking in the Windows\Fonts folder. It will attempt to
recognize ALL of the fonts in that folder. This is the reason it is
taking so long.

Try deleting some fonts you can live without. Then see if Frame loads
any faster.

All this is assuming you are running Frame from a local system and not
from a server. If you are running it from a central server, then it
sounds like you may have network problems.