A long time starting FrameMaker

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Fri Aug 4 12:40:18 PDT 2006

If new fonts were added or fonts reinstalled, it could be that the
source for the files was a remote machine and the option to copy the
font files to the local system was not checked.  I'm not sure how to
verify that, but hopefully the IT people would know what they did.

On Friday, August 04, 2006 02:41 PM, Rick Quatro wrote:

| Hello All,
|
| This is from a client:
|
| Recently they did something with our network. Now when I
| launch Frame it
| takes a really long time to come up.
| It appears that it is hanging up when it gets to the fonts?
| Is there someone
| I can go to check the path of where Frame is looking for fonts.
| Perhaps I need to remap. It eventually comes up but takes
| about 10 minutes.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| Rick Quatro
| Carmen Publishing
| 585-659-8267
| www.frameexpert.com

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com