tiny marker window (WAS: SOLVED Index Problems)

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Aug 4 13:30:19 PDT 2006

Murray Moore wrote:

> To make these entries easier for me to read and edit in the tiny
> index marker window

I too strongly encourage you to get IXGen or another indexing tool. But
if that is not possible, you can save your eyesight by getting hold of
ResHacker.exe at http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
and using it to modify the characteristics of the marker dialog boxes.
The file you want to modify (after backing it up!!) is fmdlg.dll in your
installation\fminit folder. Look for EDIT_MARKERS and INS_MARKER and
change the font size to something comfortable (I use 10 instead of the
default 8). If you have Show Dialog selected, it's easy to drag the
borders of the dialog box and its various components to a larger size as
well.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
--Popular Mechanics, 1949

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5