OT: Writing/editing style

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:40:06 PDT 2006

I'd probably do away with your first two steps entirely and preface
the actual instructions with something like:
"On (or From) the [application's] [foobar] tab:
1. Do this...
2. Do that...
3. Do the other thing ... "

So that you can just jump into the procedure. If you've done a decent
job identifying the applications and each one's tabs, the user
learning curve will be short. And after a very short period of time,
as the users get some experience, the first two instructions will just
annoy them because they're unnecessary.

Art

On 8/10/06, Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com <Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com> wrote:
> Again, since there are so many veteran writers on this and who have
> learned through the years to maneuver their way through the editing
> process:
<snip>

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358