Using the same chapters for several books

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Mon Aug 14 08:09:52 PDT 2006

The mechanics in the last response are correct, but don't forget the
numbering. FrameMaker allows two types of numbering: document (what
you call a chapter) and book. This is necessary as some documents are
not in a book but stand alone.

So, when using documents in different books, you may have to redo the
numbering at the book level.

For example, I have a document that is Section 8 in one book and used
as Appendix A in another book. The numbering for each, in the
separate books, is different.

Cheers.