Using the same chapters for several books

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 08:17:13 PDT 2006

In addition to Charles' and Steven's recommendation, there's another
method to consider, although whether it's better or not depend on your
situation. In my books, the header info changes from book to book and
I have to renumber to get the chapter and page number correct.

Instead of actually doing these changes in the content file depending
on whether you're working in Book A or B, you can create a "container"
file in Book B with all settings correct. Then import the content file
from Book A as a referenced file, specifying that the formatting be
controlled by Book B.

So you get the same end effect, but the method is different.

Art