merging two documents

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Aug 18 15:43:33 PDT 2006

It happens automatically. Open the older file and the newer file.
With the newer file in the active window, invoke the Utilities >
Compare Documents command. Choose the Summary and
Composite Documents option and run the comparison. The
result will be a new document window that has the name of
the newer file with a "COMP" suffix, and it will contain all the
content of both documents. Content that appears in the older
document and not the newer one will be tagged with an new
condition tag called Deleted, and the content that appears in
the newer file but not the older one will be tagged with the
Added condition.

My recommendation for the next step is to review all of the
tagged chunks to see if they can be made unconditional or
whether you need to delete something to make the text
read correctly. Once you've reviewed all the additions and
deletions, you can use the Edit Condition Tag button in the
Conditional Text dialog to delete the Deleted and Added
conditions, making the text unconditional in the process.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ