Color questions

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 08:51:18 PDT 2006

Scott,

It sounds as if you're asking why FM displays the images accurately,
given that you've already identified one as being off in Photoshop.

Is Match Color not working for you in Photoshop? In theory, it should
be able to coordinate the two images' blue/green tones to match.
Although I don't know your process, Match Color works for me in
similar situations quickly and easily...

Cheers,
Art

On 8/22/06, Scott White <swhite at alamark.com> wrote:
> I have two cmyk images that I copied into Framemaker 7.2 on the PC. They are
> both made by Makita. Makita's color is a teal/aqua color.
> One image looks teal/aqua in color like it should, however, the other image
> looks blue/green like the coral reefs in the Caribbean. In photoshop the
> images are not the same density of -- the good one is darker in nature than
> the bad one.
> Why does Frame display like this? Is there a fix in Frame? In photoshop I
> can fix the image but its time consuming and a lot of trial and error.
> The bottom line is I have a client who doesn't want to send his files out to
> the printer but print them on a color printer. Thus his images do not all
> look correct when printed on the business printer.
> Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.
> --
> Scott White
> Media Production Manager
> Implentation Coordinator