Bibliographic software for FM?

Moores mooresd at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 25 15:40:57 PDT 2006

Greetings, Frame Magicians!

I am contracting at a company that is about to compile a large report
that will include many graphics and many bibliographic citations.
Although the diverse authors will draft in MS Word, our preference is
for the final document to be in Framemaker (7.0). We are looking for
recommendations for reference management software-- some of the authors
have some familiarity with EndNote, but they will purchase based on the
best program for this and future projects.

I haven't had the luxury of anything except hand-built reference lists
before-- how painful is the RTF export part of the process (that builds
the library?) for EndNote? Are other programs more compatible and still
effective? Who has the magic website with a feature comparison list? (I
did search before posting.)

I've downloaded the EndNote trial to play with but the company is eager
to move quickly so I am pursuing this path of wisdom as well as my own
self-education route.

Thank you for any assistance,

Kathleen Moore
mooresd hmmmm pacbell.net