Monitor issue

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Sat Aug 26 20:29:25 PDT 2006

> After four years of operation, my Dell monitor, Model D1626HT just went
> south. So if I may, I'd like to solicit your thoughts on a high quality
> 20" monitor that won't bankrupt my resources. Are today's LCD monitors in
> the $350-$500 price range up to the task, or does one have to spend over
> $1000 for equivalent results?

Check out the Dell 2407FPW ($895):

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4335

I've got a 2405FPW, which is the older version of this 24" widescreen LCD
and love it. It's native resolution is 1920x1200, so it easily holds a
2-page spread. You can rotate it to portrait mode, too.

Mike Wickham