Monitor issue

rebecca officer rebecca.officer at alliedtelesyn.co.nz
Mon Aug 28 04:37:59 PDT 2006

Does anyone know if the current Dell 2007wfp has an S-IPS panel, or failing that, what its colour accuracy is like at wide viewing angles (after calibration)?

We're looking for an LCD for photo work, preferably near-pro-level but cheap ;-) and are tossing up between the Dell and a Philips 200W6CS widescreen.

Being in New Zealand means we can't look at one before buying, because no-one local stocks them. Earlier reviews of the Dell were very positive except that it had severe banding issues. Later reviews of the Dell have suggested maybe they've changed panel type to P-MVA. We're not sure if its colour accuracy is still good at wide viewing angles, which is what we really want.

So if anyone has one in front of them, I'd really appreciate hearing your opinion of it!

Thanks, Rebecca