Problem opening .chm file

Wyman, Milli B. [VA09] Milli.Wyman at Honeywell.com
Tue Aug 29 08:39:41 PDT 2006

I am using WebWorks Publisher Professional 2003 for FrameMaker to create
a project from an FM (7.0) book. The conversion goes smoothly, but when
I click on the ..chm file to open it, it opens in Notepad as gibberish.
I have gone into File/Preferences and ensured that the IE is selected as
the browser, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a feeling there a
simple setting somewhere. What's really galling (or maybe just
confusing) is that my manager can open it on his machine. We have not
been able to isolate the difference between his machine and mine. I have
looked on the WebWorks.com site and found no useful info.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a great list-I've been lurking
for a couple weeks and I'm learning a lot!

Milli

Milli Wyman

Senior Technical Writer

Honeywell Access Systems * Reston, VA