Backing up in Frame

Charles Beck Charles.Beck at infor.com
Wed Aug 30 05:17:23 PDT 2006

Thanks much, both Ian and Rick.

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Re: Backing up in Frame

The predefined key sequence is <esc>vP. That's three separate
keystrokes: the escape key, a lowercase v, and an uppercase P.

You can modify this for your installation by following the instructions
in Customizing_Frame_Products.pdf, found in the OnlineManuals directory
of your FrameMaker installation.

For example, to map it to <Alt><Left arrow>, add the following to the
end of wincmds.cfg:

    <Modify GotoPreviousView <KeySequence ~/Left > >

However, in my quick testing, the jumps back only seem to work when the
destination is in the same file. If you want to return to a location in
a different file use <Ctrl><Tab> to cycle through the open files.

Ian