Mediawiki articles to FrameMaker

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sun Dec 3 01:15:11 PST 2006

Hi all out there!

After some months a bit far from the technical writing arena, I can finally enjoy some more interesting challenges.

During this time, I have managed to set up a wiki environment that will, at least, solve part of my problems while working with teams where an easy-to-use edition environment is needed. Mediawiki is helping us with to create such an environment.

But I am afraid I miss-read, or miss-evaluate, the available output options. Mediawiki is not good at giving structure to a document, nor has an standard mark up. And I am far from being able to contribute with such an extension. Sorry. So, I have now bunch of documents needing edition to create the required layout for several publishers stuck in Mediawiki.

As any wiki, HTML rendering is the default view for any article.

So, please,..

1. Does anybody know if there is any available tool to export Mediawiki articles to MIF, XML (the body of the article must be tagged, not only the metainformation)

2. If not, is there any tool to save HTML as MIF?

3. Have these questions any sense for you? Have I missed any important point about this issue?

Thank you so much for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez