Need Programming Algorithm

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Dec 7 09:53:24 PST 2006

Hello All,

I have an interesting FrameMaker programming problem that I am having
trouble solving. I have a PDF that will help explain the problem at

http://www.frameexpert.com/SettingsGrid.pdf

Each row in the table represents a property setting (font size, leading,
etc.), while each cell in the row represents a specific value for that
property. Each property row can have zero or more values.

I need to assemble a list of all possible property/value combinations, as in
the lists below the table. I assembled this list "by hand." I am look for a
programming algorithm to assemble these combinations programmatically. I
will be using FrameScript, but I really just need a reliable algorithm which
I can translate into FrameScript myself. Each row could be represented by a
list, for example, (a,b), (1,2,3), (x,y,z), (i,ii), etc.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com