Need Programming Algorithm

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Dec 7 12:39:56 PST 2006

Hi Simon,

You are right, except if one or more of the lists is empty, it
short-circuits everything.

Rick

Hi Rick.

Unless I greatly misunderstand you, I believe you just need a series of
nested loops, driven by a series of string lists.

The rough algorithm is:

New StringList NewVar(vlFirst);
// Go through the first row of the table and add members to the
stringlist.
New StringList NewVar(vlSecond);
// Go through the next row of the table and add members to the
stringlist.
New StringList NewVar(vlThird);
// Go through the next row of the table and add members to the
stringlist.

// (If you don't know how many rows you'll have, you could assemble them
in an EVector object.)

// Now use nested loops:

Loop While(vFirstIndex <= vlFirst.count) LoopVar(vFirstIndex) InitVal(1)
Incr(1)
   Set vFirstText = vlFirst[vFirstIndex];

   Loop While(vSecondIndex <= vlSecond.count) LoopVar(vSecondIndex)
InitVal(1) Incr(1)
      Set vSecondText = vlSecond[vSecondIndex];

      write console vFirstText + ' ' + vSecondText + ' ' + vThirdText +
' ';

      Loop While(vThirdIndex <= vlThird.count) LoopVar(vThirdIndex)
InitVal(1) Incr(1)
         Set vThirdText = vlThird[vThirdIndex];

      EndLoop
   EndLoop