Need Programming Algorithm

David Taylor dtaylor at opnet.com
Thu Dec 7 13:30:52 PST 2006

It's not pseudocode, but try these changes to Simon's algorithm.

Make each list the same length (the maximum number of values for a
property) and fill the unneeded indexes in each list with some unique
marker.  Test for the marker in each loop.  When you find it, drop
out of the current loop and all lower loops.  (To skip the lower
loops, set a flag when you find the marker and have each loop drop
out without doing anything if the flag is set. Clear the flag each
time the first loop starts.)

  David M. Taylor                 Email: dtaylor at opnet.com
  Principal Technical Writer      Phone:    (240) 497-3000
  OPNET Technologies, Inc.        Fax:      (240) 497-3001
      Register for OPNET's Online Technology Workshops
      at http://www.opnet.com/TechWorkshops