Copy into document graphics vs. Import by Reference

Neil Tubb neil.tubb at SolaceSystems.com
Fri Dec 8 10:38:08 PST 2006

Really? While this sounds crazy to me, I suppose if you were not working
off the same network it would be the only way to go. Generally, though,
most TW depts. are working off the same LAN (CMS or not), so sharing is
not an issue.

I just find importing by ref is simple, and for software especially it
makes it easy when updating screenshots.

My 2 cents,
Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+neil.tubb=solacesystems.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+neil.tubb=solacesystems.com at lists.frameusers.com
] On Behalf Of Scott White
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 1:34 PM
To: Gillian Flato
Cc: framers at frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Copy into document graphics vs. Import by Reference

We ALWAYS copy into document. This allows us to pass the file around
without breaking the links to the graphics. It may take a little
longer to do our books, but I feel it equals out since we don't have
to hassle with broken links. As far as paginating our books, we just
break our files down a little smaller and this makes the files fast
enough to work with.

Scott White
Media Production Manager
Implementation Coordinator