Copy into document graphics vs. Import by Reference

John Posada jposada01 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 15:55:02 PST 2006

> We ALWAYS copy into document. This allows us to pass the file
> around without breaking the links to the graphics. It may take
> a little longer to do our books, but I feel it equals out since
> we don't have to hassle with broken links.

We never copy graphics into files. All the writers have the same
directory structure and our common network archive matches that
structure. We pass around books all the time with no graphics issues.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."