Chapter Numbering

obair81 at comcast.net obair81 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 12 11:05:59 PST 2006

I am trying to find the right Autonumber format for my Chapter tag. Up till now, I had separate files for each chapter, but now I need to have a Frame book with just one core file that contains all my chapters.

The Autonumber format that I had been using looks like this:
H:Chapter <$chapnum> \t
but that does not work right when multiple chapters are in one file. Each chapter becomes chapter 1.

I have not been able to decipher Frame's help to understand what I need to do to make an Autonumber format that properly numbers multiple chapters in one file.

Can anyone tell me where I might get some guidance?  Thanks.

best,
Paul