Unlocking "Pgf Locked"

Fred Staal Fred.Staal at schilling.com
Wed Dec 13 18:07:25 PST 2006

Every now and then I get stuck with one of those auto-generated
paragraphs that appears after a text inset that refuses to cooperate
with being retagged for the subsequent paragraph and can't even be
deleted.  As a last resort, I recently converted a file with this
problem to a .mif and in Notepad found the offending paragraph, which
included the following notation: "Pgf Locked." When I deleted this line,
and then opened the file in FM, the paragraph tag could be deleted.
Is there a keyboard shortcut in Framemaker for unlocking a paragraph
with this problem? (FM6, XP, etc.)

Fred Staal
Supervisor, Technical Publications
Schilling Robotics, LLC