Unlocking Pgf Locked (Framers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 14)

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Dec 14 18:23:23 PST 2006

I don't have a real clue, but I'm wondering if perhaps the status of the
inset source file could cause this to happen. This is just a wild guess:

For example, if the source file is set to read-only, or the author
doesn't have sufficient permission to access the file, or perhaps the
file is in a checked-out state from a content-management system, do
these cause the problem? We have seen that there's a problem with insets
sometimes affecting adjacent paragraphs in the container file. Perhaps a
combination of these and/or similar factors is involved.

Another thought: is it possible that the inset source files and/or the
container files belong to more than one book, or more than one author,
and there are multiple simultaneous accesses involved?

And one more: are these files on a network file server, or on a local
drive? Does the problem occur only on server-based files, or only on
local files, or no significant relation to either?

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices