word spacing formatting changing--only when files are shared.i'mstumped.

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Dec 15 14:07:28 PST 2006

Assuming that you are not getting any "Unavailable font" messages
as Rick has suggested, there are a couple of other things to consider.

What do each of you have set as your default printer?  On Windows
platforms the font metrics (the precise dimensions of every glyph and
space that is produced in your text) come from the printer driver, and
there are subtle (or not so subtle) differences in the font metrics
whenever different printer drivers are being used. One way around this
is to use the SetPrint plug-in from Sundorne Communications, which
allows you to set a FrameMaker default printer completely
independently of the Windows default printer. This way, both of you
can use the same printer driver within FrameMaker (e.g. the Adobe
PDF printer driver if you normally produce PDF deliverables) even if
your systems have different physical printers available to them.

And once you're using the same printer driver, you should check to
see whether you are both using the same setting for the
DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics setting in your maker.ini files. I would
recommend that you set this option to On rather than the default Off.
(Remember to edit maker.ini only when FrameMaker is not running.)

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Staff Information Services Analyst
Intel
Parsippany, NJ