word spacing formatting changing--only when files are shared. i'm stumped.

Brad Anderson brad at frameusers.com
Fri Dec 15 12:53:13 PST 2006

Cybele,

This is most likely due to different fonts being used on the two
separate machines.  It is most likely due to you each printing to a
different printer using a different driver.  Try closing out of
FrameMaker on both machines, set Adobe PDF/Distiller as your default
printer.  Open Frame along with the document on both machines and
verify that the spacing is no longer changing.

It is also possible that a setting in your maker.ini file is
different and one of you is using screen metrics and the other
printer metrics.

Let me know how the first test goes.

Thanks,

Brad