Preparing graphics for runaround

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 07:25:34 PST 2006

Graphics are always ovals so far as the computer goes.

You may be able to fake things if you create and link together a
series of text frames that each hold one or two lines and are placed
on a layer above the graphic, but it'd be fiddly work to get them to
stagger in and out...

Art

On 12/16/06, Steve Rickaby <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear FrameUsers... This is sort of a FrameMaker issue. For a rushed Christmas newsletter for my partner's school, I have some GIFs that contain 'traditional' seasonal designs, some of which are set in oval frames. However, the overall GIF graphics are rectangular, so when inserted in the newsletter (FrameMaker), the text runs around a rectangular frame rather than the oval graphic itself when the runaround properties are set to 'Run around contour'.
>
> I've tried setting an oval mask in Illustrator and exporting as EPS, but FrameMaker still insists that the graphic is rectangular. I'm not sufficient of an Illustrator expert - or any sort of Illustrator expert, for that matter - to know if I'm taking the right approach.
>
> If anyone can tell me how to make a rectangular graphic oval such that FrameMaker respects its true outline when flowing text, I'd be most grateful. I should probably be doing this job in InDesign, but it's a rush and FrameMaker is just so much less fiddly.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358