Can't open XML documents

Brad Simmons bsimmons at agleader.com
Wed Dec 20 14:23:09 PST 2006

 Hello again list users,

Well, I've discovered that FrameMaker's help does have instructions on
how to open XML documents in Frame. They are:
Choose File > Open and select the file you want to open.
Do one of the following:
(Windows) Control-click Open.
In the Reading Text File dialog box, select an option for reading the
file and click Read.

But when I try to open a file created in XML, instead of getting the
promised "Reading Text File" dialog box, I get the "Unknown File Type"
box. It then asks me if I want to open the XML file using a whole host
of different applications, (such as PageMaker or Quark) but it does not
give me the option of either HTML or XML. I chose RTF, and all that did
was spit a bunch of the raw XML code on my FrameMaker page.

So, I'm assuming that my FrameMaker application cannot recognize either
HTML or XML. How can I get it to do this? How can I get FrameMaker to
open an XML document?

-Brad