FrameXLT plugin

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Sat Dec 30 05:31:33 PST 2006

Hi Joanne,

All of West Street's software is well thought-out, and well-written. The
author, Russ Ward, is a technical writer that has developed FrameMaker
plugins to solve problems and overcome obstacles in his own production
environment.

I have been very happy with FrameSLT. I am currently structuring a set of
unstructured documents for a client, and have found FrameSLT very valuable.
I can use it to quickly change one element another, or apply and change
attributes, as I iteratively develop the structure. It uses XPath to find
elements/attributes in a document, which I find easier and more natural than
Frame's Find dialog box.

FrameSLT can be controlled by other plugins and scripts, so I use it in
conjunction with FrameScript. Rather than recursively looking through the
element tree for particular elements/attributes, FrameSLT allows me to use
XPath in my scripts to quickly find the elements/attributes that I am
looking for.

I would suggest that you download the trial and work through the excellent
tutorials. This will give you a good feel for FrameSLT and its possible uses
in your workflow.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267