Distiller swaying lines of boxes with rounded corners

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Mon Feb 13 08:41:32 PST 2006

Bodvar,

You wrote:

>A weird problem:
>
>WinXP SP2.
>FM 7.2; Distiller 7.0 (with Acrobat 6.0 installed after Distiller 7.0).
>
>I was distilling a manual that has lots of FM drawings in it which I
>have had no problems with earlier (before FM 7.2 and Distiller 7.0 (as
>above). But now most boxes, filled or not, that have rounded corners,
>have their top and right lines and sometimes (only) the bottom line
>swayed and some filled boxes even sway the other way on the right
>side, so I end up with an opening between the line and fill on the
>right side. These lines show in variable width.
>
>I remember having had this problem a long time ago, but not large
>scale, and I don't remember how it was solved.

See http://www.microtype.com/Hmmms.html
[December 2005] How to achieve quill-like effects without paying a graphic
artist?

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars