FW: Those ol' cross-references blues

Tue Feb 14 13:57:29 PST 2006

pearlrosenberg at nc.rr.com wrote:

> I don't get the error message when I update the book from
> Edit/Update book, nor do I get the messages when I open the
> files by themselves, although I do get a message that says
> there are unsupported fonts, which I know there are not.

Unavailable fonts, not unsupported. Get rid of that message and the
problem is solved. As Fred said, FM can't open the file that uses
unavailable fonts, so it can't resolve the cross-references to it.

If you're _sure_ you don't have a font problem, just turn off Remember
Missing Font Names (in File>Preferences), open the files that produce
the unavailable fonts message, save and close them, and reopen. The
message (and the fonts) should be gone.

HTH!
Richard

------