Importing Generated Files Into TOC

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:42:47 PST 2006

You could just add them to the book file after the TOC and set up the
pagination so they appear to be part of the TOC? They would break to a
new page, but that shouldn't be a big deal; your LOT/LOF headings
should probably be primary heads anyway...

If you did want to incorporate them into one file and intentionally
run them on so the end of one would be on the same page with the next,
set up one meta file that would be a container. Then import all three
files: TOC, LOF, and LOT.

I think in either case, your headings would be in the parent/source
file. If you insert the heading, save the file, and update, they
should stay in place.

Art

On 2/21/06, Anne Robotti <arobotti at journalregister.com> wrote:
> I looked in the archives for this, but didn't see an answer to this particular question.
>
> What I want to do is import my LOT and LOF into my TOC, so that they would be at the end, each under a heading saying "List of Tables" and "List of Figures" respectively.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358