Importing Generated Files Into TOC

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Feb 21 16:19:13 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:53:43 -0500, "Anne Robotti"
<arobotti at journalregister.com> wrote:

>What I want to do is import my LOT and LOF into
>my TOC, so that they would be at the end, each
>under a heading saying "List of Tables" and "List
>of Figures" respectively.
>
>I seem to remember that you're supposed to put
>the headings into the TOC and then import the files.
>
>Every time I try that and regenerate the file,
>the headings disappear and the lists are printed
>before my TOC headings. It doesn't seem to make
>any difference whether I put in a page break
>before the headings.

I think the only way you can do this is to create
a new file, not generated, such as "Front.fm",
and import all three generated files (TOC, LOT,
and LOF) into it by reference as insets.

This will require two books.  One, with the three
generated files, you update first.  The second,
without the generated files but with First as the
starting file, you update next.

HTH!