Portrait & landscape in a singlr document ??

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Wed Feb 22 02:24:17 PST 2006

Ankur,

You wrote:

>I have a small query that whether a "portrait" and a "landscape" page
>can be included in the same document ????
>I suppose, it is easier to include them in a book..

You can create a custom landscape master page, then apply to specific body
pages (manually, or based on paragraphs tag, using FM7.x Apply Master Pages
function).

To create a landscape master page, follow these steps:
* Add new master page
* Rotate page (Format > Customize Layout > Rotate)
* Rotate main text frame (Graphics > Rotate), resize it (flip between width
and height in Object Properties) and move into new position (or use
Graphics > Align)

Having each document use its own master pages (and page sizes) and then
including the different documents in a single book would work too.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars