Is there a way to...

Bill Briggs web at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Feb 23 13:16:20 PST 2006

Count me as also avoiding chapter numbers in books. I use the file's comments field (part of the file system metadata) to hold the chapter number. I can view this metadata in the Mac's file system and even sort on that field, so the book looks to be in order in the file system viewer (Finder). Renumbering that bit of information has no effect on cross references and the like.

- web