Is there a way to...

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:14:54 PST 2006

Like everyone else, I think including the chapter number in the file name serves
no useful purpose except to create busy work. ;- )  If, however, you
want to keep the convention, there are any number of file renaming
utilities a google away from you.
If you happen to have Adobe CS2, you can do this with Bridge, I believe.

Art

On 2/23/06, Doug <dbailey4117 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...make FrameMaker save the chapter number as part of the filename?
> My book has 60 chapters, and I need to add another chapter right after
> chapter 29.  Which means I need to remove, rename, and re-add 30
> chapters to the book.  It would be so much easier if Frame would
> auto-name the individual chapter files, similar to how Word can do.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358