Text in a text frame

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Sat Feb 25 08:04:47 PST 2006

Hi, Gunnar:

At 10:36 AM -0300 2/25/06, Gunnar Carlsson wrote:
>Hi,
>When I create a text box, the text is always placed in the upper left corner.
>There is no problem place the text horizontally (left, right,
>center), but is there any way to align it vertically?
>It would be very useful to be able to place the text in the bottom
>of the frame, especially when aligning texts in graphics (my client
>does not allow "A-texts").

If you're creating text frames within anchored frames, to annotate
graphics, you can position the text frame itself. These keystroke
shortcuts position a selected graphic object, such as a text frame,
within its container. If the selected graphic object is in an
anchored frame, the anchored frame is the continer. If the selected
graphic object is on a page, the page is the container.

With a graphic object selected, tap these LOWERCASE keys in sequence
to move and align the object:

Keystroke
Sequence        Result
Escape j t       Justifies (aligns) selected object vertically to top
of container
Escape j m      Justifies to middle
Escape j b       Justifies to bottom
Escape j l        Justifies (aligns) selected object horizontally to left
Escape j c        Justifies to center
Escape j r        Justifies to right

--
Regards,