Conditions for paragraph tags?

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Tue Feb 28 10:37:32 PST 2006

Hi, Annu:

(Apologies if this is a duplication. I thought I replied to this
post, but didn't see it appear on the list.)

One approach is to apply a condition to the table title row, to
show/hide the complete title.

However, if your intent is to control whether or not the autonumber
appears, but always display the table title text, you have these

* use two paragraph formats for table titles; a run-in format that
contains the autonumber, and an "in-column" (normal) format that
contains the text. Use Edit > Copy Special to place an example of the
condition on the clipboard, then use Find/Replace > By Pasting to
find and paste the condition on all instances of the run-in
paragraph, in a single file, or across a book of files. Show/Hide the
condition to control the appearance of the autonumbers.

* import one of two templates to control the appearance of the
autonumbers. One template defines the table title paragraph with
autonumbering, the other defines it without autonumbering. The
template can also have condition settings, to accomplish several
actions at one time, either to a single file or a book of files.

HTH

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices