Opentype/special characters

D L Reynolds reynolds at semicool.com
Tue Feb 28 15:34:04 PST 2006

Please forgive me if this has been covered a million times...

I'm using FrameMaker 7.1 on Windows XP with Opentype fonts, but I'm
primarily a Macintosh person. It's my understanding that Opentype
expands the Windows character set, but I can't find anything like a
Glyphs palette or a keyboard command that will enable me to enter a
simple "less than or equal" sign without having to resort to the
Symbol font.

Is there a way to coax special characters out of Opentype fonts on
FrameMaker Win?

Many thanks.

     --Donna Reynolds