Framemaker to Apple's Pages

david davidbo at kth.se
Wed Jan 4 09:59:55 PST 2006

At 15.20 +0100 05-12-21, david wrote/05-12-21, 15.20 +0100 skrev david

>At 09.12 -0500 05-12-21, Ridder, Fred wrote/05-12-21, 09.12 -0500
>skrev Ridder, Fred
>
>>The "nice reply" you received is an automated acknowledgement
>>that your feedback was received. It is simply a form letter filled in
>>with your first name and issue ID number. The only thing this
>>response indicates is that some human being in "the appropriate
>>group" (probably determined by a keyword filter's analysis) will
>>read your message.
>
>I don't think so. I reported three other issues at the same time and
>didn't get a reply on any of those. All in all I have sent maybe 100
>reports and received a reply on perhaps 20% of them.

I got another follow-up from Apple today:

At 09.33 -0800 06-01-04, Apple Developer Bug Reporting
wrote/06-01-04, 09.33 -0800 skrev Apple Developer Bug Reporting
>Hello David,
>
>This is a follow-up to Bug ID# *******. Thank you for the feedback.
>Please know that we are doing our best to inform Adobe of the
>request for review and consideration. Please feel free to contact
>Adobe to help alert them of its importance.
>
>Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I really think they are concerned about this and I believe it still
makes sense for the users (i.e., us) to let Adobe know what we think
about this. And of course, report it to Apple too to have them use
their weight when talking to Adobe.