Framemaker to Apple's Pages

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Thu Jan 5 07:51:46 PST 2006

On 4 Jan 2006, at 17:59, david wrote:

>> This is a follow-up to Bug ID# *******. Thank you for the feedback.
>> Please know that we are doing our best to inform Adobe of the request
>> for review and consideration. Please feel free to contact Adobe to
>> help alert them of its importance.
>>
>> Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
>
> I really think they are concerned about this and I believe it still
> makes sense for the users (i.e., us) to let Adobe know what we think
> about this. And of course, report it to Apple too to have them use
> their weight when talking to Adobe.

I agree! While FrameMaker is still available for WIndows there is still
hope. Adobe has the resources to produce FrameMaker for Mac OS X. It's
up to us to give it the will.

I don't know Apple's official stance, but I do know that there are
Apple employees who want FrameMaker for Mac OS X, as do some Adobe
employees.

FWIW, I have submitted 16 copies of the petition to Adobe executives,
in two batches, and nine copies to Apple executives. I've also posted
"FrameMaker for Mac OS X" Christmas cards to Adobe and Apple
executives, written letters, and sent e-mails.

Many of us on the FrameMaker for Mac OS X mailing list have written to
Adobe and Apple. Some, several times.

Write now to executives at Adobe and Apple.

Adobe:
<http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/executivebios/main.html>

Apple:
<http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=107357&p=irol-
faq#corpinfo9>

The e-mail addresses of FrameMaker's product managers are in the public
domain but they're not the one's making the big decisions. I do not
have e-mail addresses of any executives, but you could always try using
the first letter of their first name, followed by their family name @
company.com. Much better to write a letter though.

Paul
<http://www.infopage.net/fmforosx/>