Figure titles in structured FrameMaker

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 06:39:10 PST 2006

I am currently placing figure titles in a text frame within the figure's anchored frame to lock the two in the required relative positions. I cannot see that it is possible, however, to specify this in an EDD. Is there any way of doing this, perhaps by somehow automatically inserting a named reference page object, or would it be better to pull the figure title out of the anchored frame, make it a separate element, and deal with the potential for separation of the figure and its title in some other way?

I see that DocBook documents, for example, appear to place graphics frame anchors within the figure title element. Fine - unless the anchored frame is floated.
--
Steve