Figure titles in structured FrameMaker

Yves Barbion ybarbion at uni-learning.com
Thu Jan 5 06:53:44 PST 2006

Hello Steve,

you could also encapsulate the graphic in a dedicated table, for example
a <graphic> table which consists of 2 rows (and which has no ruling): a
heading row for the graphic itself and a body row for the figure title.
This will give you more control over the "relative positions", but also
over things like alignment, space above and below, and even ruling
around the graphic or not. Or you could just two body rows and no
heading row and use the Table Designer to prevent that the title gets
separated from the graphic. And I don't know whether translations are an
issue, but unlike frames, table rows automatically expand as the text
expands.

Yves Barbion
Technical Writer
Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor