Figure titles in structured FrameMaker

Paul Wilbraham paulw at aztex.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 07:02:35 PST 2006

Steve

Whatever is contained within the anchored frame is isolated from the main
structured flow.

I suggest you take the figure title element out of the anchored frame and
format it as a paragraph.

For example, if you used the following structure:

Figure
    Graphic
    Title

The Figure element is a parent to Graphic and Title.
The Figure element is a container formatted as 2 pt text, simply to anchor
the frame.
The Graphic is the frame & graphic anchored in the Figure parent.
The Title is the figure title, formatted as required.

You can then apply keep with next/previous to the Figure and Title elements
in the EDD to keep these elements together.

HTH

--Paul Wilbraham

You can also create an empty paragraph in which to anchor the frame itself.