Stupid Formatting Question

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Jan 16 08:43:22 PST 2006

You're welcome, John!

At 11:09 AM -0500 1/16/06, John Huntington wrote:
>Thanks for the speedy replies!

>  I went through and changed the format overrides to new formats as
>suggested by Mr. Gold, but (thank you Microsoft) that came out with
>about 100 (literally) different "Normal" formats (Normal1, Normal2,
>etc), about 10 "Heading 11" formats, etc etc.

Word users commonly focus on developing content, over developing
styles, so it's common for Word documents to contain
manually-overridden Normal styles. FrameMaker users can easily
transmogrify the Body format into many different looks, but it seems
that they don't do it as often. The point is, it's not Word's
failing, it's more the common way that Word's used.

Create and Apply Formats could identify 100+ variations of Body in a
FrameMaker file, if the author had overridden Body that many ways.
--
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices