Setting Logical Page Numbering from FrameMaker

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Mon Jan 16 10:10:10 PST 2006

Good morning, all!

Acrobat/PDF 7 has a feature called logical page numbering. This allows
you to display the PDF page numbers starting with 1 as the first page,
and also the document's page numbers, starting with whatever number is
on the first page (usually i). This accounts for front and back matter
in a book. The document page number appears in the page display at the
bottom, followed by the PDF number in parentheses.

Does anyone know if I can set this automatically from FrameMaker? I'm
using FM 7.1, unstructured, to print .PS files which I then pass through
Distiller.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625.1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com <http://www.tuvox.com/>
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.