Font substitution <sigh!> and Acrobat Distiller

sara at e-sim.co.il sara at e-sim.co.il
Sun Jan 15 23:28:48 PST 2006

Hi all,

I know this topic has come up repeatedly, but I still can't find
an answer to my problem.

Windows XP
FrameMaker 6.0p405
SetPrint plugin from Sundorne Communications
Acrobat Distiller 4.0

Whenever I open FM -- even when no document is opened --
and the Acrobat Distiller printer driver is chosen, the following
appears in the console:
   The "Times" Font is not available.
     It will be replaced by "Times New Roman".

To no avail, I have searched master pages, reference pages,
all tables, saved as MIF and searched the MIF files, cleared
the Remember Missing Font Names option. I can't find "Times"
anywhere.

FWIW, I don't use either font, so it does not interfere with my work.
But why do I still get this notice? What am I missing?

TIA,
Sara

Sara R.L. Kamen
Technical Communicator