POLL: Which method do you use to apply bold and italics?

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:44:31 PST 2006

> If you're in charge of template compliance, and especially if you're a
> tech pubs manager, you might want to learn how to customize the FM
> interface -- it's much easier to avoid overrides and ad hoc formatting
> if the tools for creating them simply aren't there. :-)

Being a manager and until recently a template owner, I completely
disagree. UI tweaks passively hinder misuse. Proper training and
education for writers actively prevents misuse, and even initiates
their own investigation into other ways to prevent needless headaches
in a documentation effort.

--
Bill Swallow
42.8162,-73.7736