POLL: Which method do you use to apply bold and italics?

Daniel Emory danemory7224 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 10:07:35 PST 2006

> Bill Swallow wrote:
> > Being a manager and until recently a template
> owner, I completely disagree. UI tweaks passively
hinder
> misuse. Proper training and education for writers
actively
> prevents misuse, and even initiates their own
investigation
> into other ways to prevent needless headaches in a
> documentation effort.
All well and good, but the certainty of retribution is
better.
In structured Frame, retribution is certain. Tell your
writers that each document they turn in for
edit/review will first be subjected to the following
steps:

1. Open the writer's submission.

2. Open the applicable structured template.

3. Import formats from the template with
Format/Overrides turned on.

4. Import the element definitions from the template
with Format Rules Overrides turned on.

5. Validate the writer's submission to detect any
structure violations, including detection of failure
to enter values for required attributes.

To impress new writers with all the implications of
this process, have a sample demonstration document
with instances of each type of violation, and
demonstrate what happens when the above steps are
taken.

Dan Emory & Associates
DW Emory <danemory7224 at sbcglobal.net>