Cross-platform font conundrum

William Gaffga WilG at GibbsCAM.com
Mon Jan 23 09:03:27 PST 2006

The cross-platform fonts thing can be a PITA. We use the same
OpenType fonts on the Mac & PC for our template but the PC does not
recognize one of the variants of Futura Condensed so when we bring
the files to the PC (fairly rare) the fonts shift. Fortunately for us
we only generate Help from the PC so the fonts aren't a big enough
issue for us to modify the templates.

Nevertheless, it is a lesson in the idiosyncrasies of cross-platform
compatibility ... It is not easy to make it perfect, but technically
can be done with experimenting.

So, lose the PS fonts and go OpenType. That is the first step.

Hope That Helps.

Will.